Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome to Belle Creations


Happy New Year


Welcome to my blog Belle Creations.


I am a born decorator and I love to decorate homes and parties. My philosophy is to live your life with style and beautiful creations can be inspired by everything around you.






My life has changed dramatically in the last few years. I went from an urban city girl growing up in Brooklyn, NY




to a country girl living in suburban Georgia with two kids, a girl & a boy 1 and 2 years old.


My urban background has framed my style. I love everything contemporary and modern , but since I can't afford that 6 million dollar dream loft in tribeca I have tried to transform my home with a loft feel.




Since I am inspired by everything around me to create something beautiful & stylish I decided to create this blog as a compilation of these inspirations. My aim is to write a lifestlye blog with inspirations for interior design, parties, fashion and food and to show how anyone can achieve these looks stylishly in their own lives without breaking the bank.

New Year's Resolutions


Part One

Now that it's January and a New Year , we all have our resolutions. One of mine is to be more organized. For part one of my post I will show how to achieve a stylish clothing closet. Whether it is a walk in or reach in anyone can have a unique space to call their own. I will call this post "From fantasy to Reality"





From Fantasy to Reality



Let's look at some fabulous celebrity closets. These closets can cause a girl to dream but there are some aspects in them that we all can achieve....

































Fantasy
Our first fabulous & stylish closet is from Mrs. Christina Aguilera at her Los Angeles Mansion. Christina's closet has a shoe wall grouped by designers. The aspects that strike me about this closet are the use of color. It's girly glam & pink.



TIPS and TRICKS





  • Experiment with your favorite color to paint your closet wall whether it be a walk in or reach in.


  • Coordinate your paint color with the addition of a curtain instead of doors for the entry way to your closet. There are many in stock window treatments available at mass retailer and home improvement stores.






























Reality
In this smaller reach in closet the same concepts are used but on a smaller scale.

This particular closet system is from Elfa.


Here they used a monochromatic scheme of pink in the wall and a curtain is used instead of a closet door.



































Fantasy

Next we have Miley Cyrus. This is my absolute favorite closet because it is funky, cute and whimsical.... Hey these girls sure love their pink.

The elements in this room that can be used to achieve this style are the wall decals, a whimsical mirror, and the polka dot curtains.

The shelving unit is a ladder shelf but floating shelves can also be used to hold shoes.


Below are some examples of these same three elements that can be used in your home...


Reality


The curtains and the wall decal are both from Pottery Barn Teen






Here is an example of a mirror from Ikea its called the Vanna mirror and is $9.99 .....


I hope you enjoyed part one of my post. For part two I will continue with some more beautiful inspirations and creations for organizing your home......


Until then stay stylish ;)































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment